Subject: Re: LightWave Wish List
From: Marcel Valcarce <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 1994 17:55:16 -0700 (PDT)

Ernie Write wrote :)

> Re little windows that show the effects of various settings:  Maybe
> they're useful.  I know people like them, but there are good reasons
> not to.  They're an educational toy rather than a production tool.
> They slow everything down and make the interface more complex.  And
> they're usually not very accurate.
> 

I could not disagree more. The first time a saw Softimage software the 
thing that struck me the most was the real-time shaded view of all the 
texture maps. You change texture parameters and see the texture change IN 
REAL TIME. I don't think the Amiga hardware could handle this feature, 
but now that LW is going to be on SGI... Personally I'm a perfectionist 
when it comes to textures, the ability to preview without rendering is an 
incredible time saver.

-Marcel V.
 [email-masked]

** This sig intentionaly left blank **